East Asian Studies
Ph.D Harvard University 2002
East Asian Buddhism and Chinese religion
- Enlightenment in Dispute: The Reinvention of Chan Buddhism in Seventeenth-century China (Oxford 2008)
- Leaving for the Rising Sun: Chinese Zen Master Yinyuan and the Authenticity Crisis in Early Modern East Asia (Oxford 2015)
- Spreading Buddha’s Word in East Asia: The Formation and Transformation of the Chinese Buddhist Canon (Columbia 2016)
- Reinventing the Tripitaka: Transformation of the Buddhist Canon in Modern East Asia (Lexington 2017)
- “Buddhist Geographic Information System (BGIS),” and “The Formation of Regional Religious System in Greater China” (2002-2017).